For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
4 2 5 10

EDP-GW authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request: Token request fails then username password continues to fail

We have a connection using WebSockets. The normal connection method starts with a username password connection then every interval (x) a token authentication to see that we are still authorized. Over the past couple of weeks the service keeps getting interrupted where we have a failure to get the token authentication. Our process tries again and fails then a restart occurs and starts with the username password connection. This continues to fail also. After some time passes the program is started back up with a username and password authentication and it works again.

Any idea as to what is going on? It last starting occurring last night 8/10/2021 around 17:33 EDT. It failed a couple of times then made a successful connection again. Then at a certain point it simply stops for a long period of time and not accept the connection again.

The message received is:
"EDP-GW authentication HTTP code: 400 Bad Request"

websocketsrrtoauthenticationrefinitiv-realtime-optimisedtoken
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Nana

Can you provide the error message when "the service keeps getting interrupted where we have a failure to get the token authentication"?

Also, what is the difference between

"... a restart occurs and starts with the username password connection. This continues to fail also."

and

"After some time passes the program is started back up with a username and password authentication and it works again"

Are you sending the same request but only after some time passes?

I just want to confirm if "a restart" and "started back up" mean the same thing.

Hi @Nana ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Ticket 10181052 was resolved, could you please confirm that the issue does not persist?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Hello @Nana

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Nana

As this is unlikely to be an API issue and more likely to be an RTO service issue, I have raised a My.Refinitiv ticket with the RTO team.

One thing I would like to check is, are you running multiple applications/instances using the same MachineID?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Nana

Ticket Ref: 10181052

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.