For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 4 8

Where to get the hostname, port, username, appId information?

I am trying to run the CSharp example from the below github page :

websocket-api/MarketPriceExample.cs at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api · GitHub

Can you please help me from where to get the hostname, port, username, appId information?

websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimised
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jpatel2

Are you trying to connect to an internal RTDS server at your organisation? If so, your Market Data team can provide these details.

If you are trying to connect to our Real-Time Optimized service, then you should try this example instead websocket-api/Applications/Examples/RDP/CSharp at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

For Real-Time Optimised, you should have received a Welcome email containing a MachineID (which is the username), with a link to set a long password. The clientID can be set using the AppKey generator as described at QuickStart | Refinitiv Developers

If you do not have a MachineID, please discuss with your Market Data team or your Refinitiv account representative.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 3 4 8

Hi @umer.nalla, Thank you for providing the information. The information provided is very helpful.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 4 8

Hello @umer.nalla ,

I am running the below github sample code but I am getting below error when trying to connect to the internal RTDS.

websocket-api/MarketPriceExample.cs at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api · GitHub

8/19/2021 8:56:28 AM - Received Log Event (Level: Debug): A request to the server:

GET /WebSocket HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: websocket-sharp/1.0

Host: 159.43.120.70:14002

Upgrade: websocket

Connection: Upgrade

Sec-WebSocket-Key: 1APYw+dESKAudLuJ6GeeQg==

Sec-WebSocket-Protocol: tr_json2

Sec-WebSocket-Version: 13

8/19/2021 8:56:28 AM - Received Log Event (Level: Debug): A response to this request:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request

Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Connection: close

If I try to connect to the using WebSocket API Try it Now Documentation:

QuickStart | Refinitiv Developers

I am getting Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 503.

Any idea or suggestion on the above errors? Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jpatel2

The fact that you are getting errors with both the C# example and the TryIt Now document would suggest your RTDS connection details are wrong.

For one thing, the Websocket Port is normally on 15000 - but I can see you are using 14002 above.

Please try again with 15000 and if that does not work, check with your market data team they have definitely enabled the Websocket interface on the RTDS and which port they are using.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.