question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 1 2 4

Inactive client connections to sink daemon

Currently I'm not able to connect to the DACS daemon server anymore (AuthorizationConnection.CONNECTION_DOWN). From what I've read this is because the maximum number of connections has been reached. One solution would be to increase the maximum number of clients.

# Define the number of Sink Clients that can attach to the dacs.snkd
DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS=8; export DACS_MAX_SNKD_CLIENTS

However a lot of these clients are inactive. While testing with the application I logged on a couple of times without logging out. Is there any way to log out the inactive connections? Or maybe some setting to make sure these connections will be remove automatically due to inactivity?

DACSopen-dacs
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have contacted the DACS team to help us verify this question. I am waiting for their response.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

@gerard

The DACS team confirm that there is no other alternative except to increase max number of clients. in the dacs.snkd configuration file.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
36 1 2 4

@Wasin Waeosri

Ok, so I can't fix this from my application. However there does seem to be some kind of timeout from the server side. I noticed all active connections disappeared yesterday. Do you know the default time for such a timeout? It seems to be at least a couple of day.

icon clock
10 |1500

@gerard

Could you please let me know the version of the DACS server and DACS snkd that your are using?

@gerard

Please be informed that I have created the case number 04893039 on your behalf to the DACS support team. The DACS support team should contact you soon.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.