question

Upvotes
Accepted
29 2 4 4

Problem using Electron SDK 1.5.0

I have a working application using Electron SDK 1.1.1 Ema. When I try to use 1.5.0 I get link errors. Also, I could not find any makefiles for any of the examples in 1.5.0.

g++ -g -o ../bin/trccdriver -L../lib -L../../cbase/lib -L/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized ../obj/trccdriver.o ../obj/m2inputv2.o ../obj/trccXmit.o ../obj/emaArgs.o ../obj/ukvmap++.o ../obj/socket++.o ../obj/cbuf.o ../obj/lfcbase++.o ../obj/fvcbase++.o ../obj/cb++.o ../obj/dlog++.o ../obj/optfile.o ../obj/multiplex.o ../obj/momap.o ../obj/vmap++.o ../obj/drvsync++.o ../obj/misc.o -lema -lnsl -lpthread -ldl -lrt -lcbase -lbtree -llseq -lblkio -lc

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(AckMsgDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::AckMsgDecoder::setRsslData(unsigned char, unsigned char, RwfBuffer*, RsslDataDictionary const*, void*)':

AckMsgDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x8cb): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeMsg'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::setRsslData(unsigned char, unsigned char, RwfBuffer*, RsslDataDictionary const*, void*)':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x184): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementList'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::reset()':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x313): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementList'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::clone(thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder const&)':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x4c8): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementList'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::decodeViewList(RwfBuffer*, unsigned char&, thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaVector<thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString>&)':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x70a): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementList'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x75a): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementEntry'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x873): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeArray'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x895): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementEntry'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x8f7): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeArrayEntry'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x907): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeBuffer'

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0x958): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeArrayEntry'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::getNextData()':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0xa73): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementEntry'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::getNextData(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaVector<thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString> const&)':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0xbd4): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementEntry'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListDecoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListDecoder::getNextData(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&)':

ElementListDecoder.cpp:(.text+0xd94): undefined reference to `rsslDecodeElementEntry'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::endEncodingEntry() const':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x97): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementEntryComplete'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0xc7): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::startEncodingEntry(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&, unsigned char, char const*)':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x1b7): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementEntryInit'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x1f7): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::addEncodedEntry(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&, unsigned char, char const*, RwfBuffer const&)':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x2d7): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementEntry'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x317): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::addPrimitiveEntry(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&, unsigned char, char const*, void*)':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x408): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementEntry'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x448): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::initEncode()':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x4b3): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementListComplete'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x4d0): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementListInit'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x507): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::complete()':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x583): undefined reference to `rsslEncodeElementListComplete'

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x5ff): undefined reference to `rsslRetCodeToString'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::addDateTime(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&, unsigned short, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short)':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x243d): undefined reference to `rsslDateTimeIsValid'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema.a(ElementListEncoder.cpp.o): In function `thomsonreuters::ema::access::ElementListEncoder::addTime(thomsonreuters::ema::access::EmaString const&, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned char, unsigned short, unsigned short, unsigned short)':

ElementListEncoder.cpp:(.text+0x26a5): undefined reference to `rsslTimeIsValid'

/home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Ema/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/libema

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtc++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@efreeman

From the error messages, you need to link to the rssl libraries. Those functions, such as rsslDecodeElementList are defined in the librssl library.

It looks like that the application link to the ema static library (Optimized/libema.a) so you need to link to the -lrsslVA -lrssl libraries from the /home/donald/reuters/Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg/Cpp-C/Eta/Libs/RHEL6_64_GCC444/Optimized/ directory.

Elektron-SDK-1.5.0.L1.linux.rrg is quite old. Please upgrade to the latest version Real-Time-SDK-2.0.2.L1.linux. You can download it from https://developers.refinitiv.com/en/api-catalog/refinitiv-real-time-opnsrc/rt-sdk-cc/downloads.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

Hi, I linked in the 2 other libraries and I was able to link successfully. I also downloaded RTSDK-2.0.2. I was able to compile and linked successfully after changing references of 'thomsonreuters' to 'refinitiv'.

I am now having a problem with execution. Whereas the 1.1.1 version ran successfully, I get the following errors with 1.5.0 and 2.0.2. Thanks in advance.

trcc-error.JPG

trcc-error.jpg (155.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

@efreeman

It is a certificate error. I am not sure how you got it.

I could replicate this error by creating a host alias in the /etc/hosts file and then using that alias in the example.

For example, I added the following entry to the /etc/hosts file.

18.136.130.7 rcc.test.com

Then, I created a connection to rcc.test.com and got this error.

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=-1
        Error text: </opt/refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK/Cpp-C/Eta/Impl/Transport/ripcsslutils.c:953> Error: 2002 Certificate validation error.  No subject name match in host certificate's alternate name list.

Connection down, reconnecting.  Channel fd=-1
        Error text: </opt/refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK/Cpp-C/Eta/Impl/Transport/ripcsslutils.c:953> Error: 2002 Certificate validation error.  No subject name match in host certificate's alternate name list.

The error indicates that the certificate file retrieved from 18.136.130.7 doesn't have rcc.test.com in its host certificate's alternate name list.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

HI.

Thank you for your response, but it does not help. I am using the same source, same xml file and running in the same environment. It works for 1.1.1, but not 1.5.0 or 2.0.2. See attached files.

EmaConfig.xml.txt

emaLog_444833.log-using-1.5.0.txt

emaLog_444969.log-using-1.1.1.txt

Regards.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

Not sure if this file was uploaded.

emaLog_444833.log-using-1.5.0.txt

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
79.1k 250 52 74

@efreeman

From the configurations, you are using chp02-emea1.extranet.thomsonreuters.biz.

1629776124518.png

We have changed the domain name from thomsonreuters to refinitiv.

From my checking, the new hostnames of the contribution servers should be:

contrib01-emea1.platform.refinitiv.biz
contrib01-emea2.platform.refinitiv.biz

If these hostnames don't work, please contact your Refinitiv's account or sales team to provide the valid ones.

1629776124518.png (14.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
29 2 4 4

Hi,

Thank you. That was it. The new hostnames are :

contrib1-emea1.platform.refinitiv.biz and contrib2-emea1.platform.refinitiv.biz.

I am still not sure how the v1.1.1 version of the software worked with the old hostnames. In my opinion the error messages in the Ema log files were not very helpful in indicating the problem.

Thanks again.

icon clock
10 |1500

@efreeman

The code may be changed. In version 1.1.1, the code may ignore this "host certificate's alternate name list" in the certificate. However, in the latest versions, the code verifies the host certificate's alternate name list.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.