For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

Is there limitation on post msg size or field size using Websocket API?

I have created a record in ATS (RIC and field names masked:):

Description in ats.dico file

*SOME_RIC admin None AA DEFAULT DEFAULT DEFAULT RESET 08/12/2031 08/12/2021 NONE NONE

v STR_T SOME_RIC.FLD1 STATIC_CONTRIB[]

v STR_T SOME_RIC.FLD2 STATIC_CONTRIB[]

v STR_T SOME_RIC.FLD3 STATIC_CONTRIB[]

v STR_T SOME_RIC.GN_TXT32_3 STATIC_CONTRIB[]

v STR_T SOME_RIC.GUID STATIC_CONTRIB[]

There are custom fields used that are properly set RDMFieldDictionary (also masked for the purpose of this question):

FLD1 "FLD1" -4001 NULL ALPHANUMERIC 40000 RMTES_STRING 40000

FLD2 "FLD2" -4011 NULL ALPHANUMERIC 2000 RMTES_STRING 2000

FLD3 "FLD3" -4021 NULL ALPHANUMERIC 40000 RMTES_STRING 40000

I am using simple python code to contribute to that RIC via Websocket API.

It turns out that I cannot push more to FLD1 field than approx 1,5-2k of data while it should accept up to 40k as per definition.

It's worth noting that when I subscribe to similar RIC that already has longer strings in it (approx 25k) I can retrieve it properly thru the same code in python via Websocket API.

Please advise if there are any limitations to contribution via EWA?

trepwebsocketsrefinitiv-realtime-optimisedATSpost
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@krzysztof.kujawski.1

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have known an answer, please share and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @krzysztof.kujawski.1

The only limit I am aware of with the Websocket API is a total JSON message payload size of 64k per message. Is it possible the total message size is exceeding 64k?

Can you confirm what if any error message/response you get from the ADS or ATS when you submit the 40k field size?

There could also be other limits applied by RTDS or ATS that I am not aware of.

I would recommend you speak to your internal Market data team and ask them to examine their ATS and/or ADS/ADH logs to see if there are any further messages/errors. If they need help with this process, then they can raise a ticket for Refinitiv Real-Time Advanced Transformation Server or Advanced Distribution Server at My.Refinitiv so they can help diagnose where the issue may lie e.g. by checking logs etc on either of those products.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 2

Hi

There are no errors in ATS logs nor ADS's. I can actually see contribution success. The size of JSON is also <64k. Since there are no limitations on EWA I will raise the ticket with support to see if my ats/rtds config is ok.

Thank you very much for your help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.