Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Data limit reached?

I downloaded a rather large amount of data via the Eikon API for R. After requesting two data points for ~5000 companies, the code stopped working and now returns "Error in print.default("HTTP Error, code= ", response$status_code, sep = "") :

invalid printing digits 407"

I suspect, that a limit has been reached. Nevertheless, I still need quite a lot more data. Is there a way to reset the limit?

Thank you,

Maximilian Fellhuber

eikonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apirapi-limitseikon-data-api-r
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.1k 18 6 9

@maximilian.fellhuber So the data limits for the Eikon Data API are here. There are a number of throttling limits in place to prevent abuse of the service. It really depends which throttle you have hit - if you hit your daily API call limits you will need to wait until midnight local time on your OS to be able to get data again. I must say that the limit for a get_data() API call is around 10,000 data points. If you requested 2 data points for 5K companies you should be fine. Are you able to run new requests now or are they all throwing errors? I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
39.4k 77 11 27

@maximilian.fellhuber

It seems you're sending a lot of requests to Eikon platform. Are you retrieving each data point for each company in a separate request? If this is what you do, you may rather quickly exhaust the daily requests limit documented under Eikon Data API Usage and Limits Guidelines. I would recommend that you consolidate your data retrieval. get_data method of Eikon Data APIs is capable of retrieving multiple data items for multiple instruments in a single call. This may depend on the data items, but most likely 2 datapoints for 5K companies can be retrieved in a single request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.