Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 2

Unable to get I/B/E/S estimates data via Eikon Data API (Refinitiv Workspace user)

Hi,

I have a client who's having issues retrieving data and getting the following error:

Code 403, Message: {"error":{"id":"5b035613-827a-44a3-857e-ae2407feee9e","code":"insufficient_scope","message":"access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.data.est.sum]. Missing scopes: [trapi.data.est.sum]","status":"Forbidden"}}

I use the following endpoint and my credentials are correct as I am able to get historical price data

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/estimates/beta1/view-summary/annual

Attached is the script he is using to retrieve I/B/E/S estimates data.ibes.txt

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
ibes.txt (1.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thekatling

Is the customer connecting using a username (email address) or their MachineID?

Can they consume the same data using the API playground?

The above error message means their credentials don't have the correct RDP licence to consume the particular endpoint they are trying to request data from.

Please speak to the customer's account team to ensure the correct licences are applied to their account.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @umer.nalla, customer is connecting using a username. I think this is where the confusion is coming from. Client does not have access to RDP but using a script for it. Can you please provide the link where he can get information on how to access data via Eikon Data API? He's on Refinitiv Workspace for Students on a MAC OS using python.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thekatling

I am not an Eikon expert - so cannot advise if data is available via EDAPI and if so, how to access the data via Eikon API.

Perhaps one of my EDAPI colleagues may be able to advise or the Eikon helpdesk may be able to assist.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thekatling

My colleague has advised you can refer to the following article - which uses EDAPI for Estimate data Working with Fundamental and Estimates Data - A DCF Example | Refinitiv Developers

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.