Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Getting multiple Revenues Rows for same SEDOL using python API? What changed?

I was trying to download data using the python api using sedols. Some metrics (Like TR.Revenue) had multiple values for the same sedol. There were two other metrics too. So now for a few companies United Breweries I got 250K rows. Has something changed in the API?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

The case 10299160 is closed with the following resolution:

get data is an old eikon formula and is incompatible with eikon python 

Hello @rachit.aggarwal

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@rachit.aggarwal I am getting a strange result:

df,err = ek.get_data('B1683V6',['TR.Revenue.date','TR.Revenue','TR.RIC'],
                     {'Period':'FY2019','Curn':'USD'})
df

1630424828796.png

If I change the instrument to the RIC: UBBW.BO: I get this

1630424942941.png

which is correct. I have opened a service ticket 10299160 on your behalf to get this behaviour looked into as it is clearly wrong. As a workaround could you convert your SEDOL List to RICs using get_symbology API call and then use those(?), while the content team look at this issue. I hope this can help.

1630424828796.png (35.0 KiB)
1630424942941.png (79.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@rachit.aggarwal Please can you paste the API call code so that I can check. Also what version of the library are you using? thx

icon clock
10 |1500

@jason.ramchandani

This is the line

tr_data, err = ek.get_data( sedols, cols, { "Curn":"USD","Period":"FY2019"})

here cols has TR.Revenue as one of the elements.

version 1.1.2

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.