question

Upvotes
Accepted
191 4 8 15

How to find OPRA code using stock+exp+strike via REDI API

GetOptionL1Value() requires the OPRA code as below:-

tmpVal = L1Cache.GetOptionL1Value("VICI M2023D350000", "PUT_AskPrice", askPx)

But if I only have the stock+exp+strike how can I find the OPRA code? Is there a lookup function? Thanks

symbologyredi-apiderivatives
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @DDALY

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
276 3 0 2

Hi @DDALY ,

We have two tools that will help you find the OPRA code.

• Option Synbology Tool - you enter in the display name for the option (i.e. what you see in the Option Montage title bar in REDI) and it shows the relevant OPRA code.
  • Options Quote Monitor - you enter in the display name of the option and will see the relevant OPRA code (plus market data)

Hope this helps...

-Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
191 4 8 15

Thanks @brian.mullane. The DispSymToOpra() function in the Options Symbology Tool looks like it will do the job. I'll try it out and let you know if any probs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.