Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 1 3

Investor Portfolio History Report

Hi,

Would it be possible to extract the monthly Investor Portfolio History Reports of a company (e.g., PermID: 4297651992) for a certain time period (e.g., 01.2019 - 12.2019) via the python Eikon Data API?

Thank you very much in advance!

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apiportfolio-history
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Anja Duranovic ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

@Anja Duranovic

Thank you for the clarification. I don't believe this report can be retrieved using Eikon Data APIs or Eikon Excel, I'm afraid.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Alex Putkov. Thank you for the information.
Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@Anja Duranovic

I'm not sure I understand the question. For a public company you can get the ownership report for a given date using for example

df, err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O',
                     ['TR.HoldingsDate','TR.SharesHeld',
                      'TR.SharesHeldValue',
                      'TR.SharesHeldValue.investorid',
                      'TR.InvestorFullName'],
                     {'SDate':'2019-08-01'})

To get the full list of data items you can retrieve, use CodeCreator app in Eikon, which allows you to browse the list of data items by category, explore parameters and outputs available for each field and construct a code snippet that you can copy & paste into your IDE.
By combining the above reports for multiple dates you could construct monthly series you're looking for.
What I find confusing is that the PermID, you gave as an example, refers to Vanguard Group Inc., which is a private company. You wouldn't get the ownership report like in the example above for private companies.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Alex Putkov. Thank you very much for your reply!

The Shareholders Report is, of course, available only for publicly listed companies. However, my question was related to Equity Portfolio Holdings of the Vanguard Group Inc. In Eikon, this kind of information can be found under Ownership -> Equity Holdings -> Investor Portfolio (History) Report, and, although Vanguard Group is a private company, it has many equity portfolio holdings. Would it be possible to obtain this kind of data via the python data API?

Thank you very much!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.