question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

How to get list of RICs by service name using Refinitiv RT SDK?

It would be great to fetch the list of available symbols/instruments for specified service name. Later this data can be used to specify valid RIC when subscribing to Market Price Domain or Market By Price Domain. It there any way to achieve that g speed test oal? (At first I showbox hoped that Symbol List Domain can be used, but it seems I was wrong)

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrt
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@jishnvajaldbhai

The Symbol List domain provides access to a set of symbol names, typically from an index, service, or cache. However, the service must support this by providing the name of a SymbolList in the Source Directory Info Filter Entry Element.

1631498544793.png

This filter entry element is optional and may be used by the user-defined service. The Refinitv Real-Time service doesn't provide this entry.

For more information, please refer to this How can I get a list of all RICs available on Refinitiv Real-time? article.

1631498544793.png (31.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jishnvajaldbhai

If you are consuming data from our Real-time feed (usually named ELEKTRON_DD) - please note that it carries in excess of 80 million RICs. As you can imagine, it would not be realistic to provide or even process such a long list.

If, however, you are consuming data from an internal service - then you could ask whichever team publishes the internal service, to support the SymbolList functionality for that service.

Likewise, if your organisation has deployed Edge Devices, they may be able to create BDS queries for you - as described in the article linked above.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.