Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Investor mapped funds

I am running the following code using the Eikon api:
df, err = ek.get_data(['4297651992'],['TR.MngdFundName','TR.MngdFundCityName'])

I am interested in getting the mapped funds for this investor permid (4297651992)
I get the following result table, which is the proper result I am looking for; however I would also like to get the permid (or RIC/Lipper id) of each of the managed funds. What field needs to be passed to the api call in order to get a fund id column?

eikon-img.png

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apifunds
eikon-img.png (79.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@dealfloai ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question or could you provide the information required for further investigation, please?

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @dealfloai ,

The Search function in RDP library can be used to find RICs of the fund name, below is an example of the code

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp

rdp.open_desktop_session('#### PUT YOUR APP KEY HERE ####')

df = rdp.search('Standard Life Vanguard UK Long Duration Gilt Index Pension Fund')
display(df)

which will return

1631688837246.png

For your case, you may create the list of fund names from Eikon output dataframe and looping through it to get each fund's RIC

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as ek

rdp.open_desktop_session('#### PUT YOUR APP KEY HERE ####')
ek.set_app_key('#### PUT YOUR APP KEY HERE ####')

df, err = ek.get_data(['4297651992'],['TR.MngdFundName','TR.MngdFundCityName'])

managed_fund_name_list = df['Managed Fund Name'].tolist()

for fund_name in managed_fund_name_list:
    df = rdp.search(fund_name)
    print(fund_name)
    display(df)

However, there's some fund name that has no RIC return and some fund name that have multiple RICs return, if you have a further question related to the content, I recommend you to raise a Content-type ticket with the helpdesk through https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/productsupport.html.

1631688837246.png (11.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.