Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Workspace API - Linking to PowerPoint from Excel

In moving to the new Workspace version of Refinitiv from EIKON, the Linking section of the API in PowerPoint has disappeared. This includes the XLS Import and Update Links features.

From the EIKON/Datastream API in PowerPoint:

1631653169971.png

Is this functionality included elsewhere in the new Workspace API or will it be lost in the transition between systems?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1631653169971.png (21.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

Hi @cblakley ,

Unfortunately both XLS Import and Update Links features haven't been available in Refinitiv Workspace Excel yet. Could you please provide a particular use case for them? so I could raise the case with the product team.

Speaking of which, the Linking section can be found in Refinitiv 365 Add-in

1631716366611.png

1631716366611.png (84.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

@raksina.samasiri,

Yes, my use case here is being able to build an API based table in an Excel worksheet and then link this table to a client-facing PowerPoint presentation. The data table updates with new metric information in the proper format, and then when using the Linking feature this updated table can be pulled into PowerPoint as an updated picture, also in the proper format. The presentation also has direct links to the DSCHART app, and I use the PowerPoint file as the main aggregation and update file for a 200 slide client presentation that is updated monthly.

I am unfamiliar with the Refinitiv 365 Add-in as we have previously only used what came with EIKON out of the box, but from the pic above it looks like it may have other useful features as well. Where might I find more information on this 365 add-in, its overall functionality, and download information?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
14k 30 5 10

Hi @cblakley ,

You can find information of Refinitiv 365 add-in in the links below

1. Refinitiv Workspace: Add-in for Microsoft Office Suite (User Guide)
  2. Refinitiv Add-in - Microsoft app source
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.