question

Upvotes
Accepted
15 2 5 12

How do read data dictionary config from EmaConfig.xml using EMA Java API ?

Hi All,

I have data dictionary xml in my EmaConfig.xml as below.

In the EmaConfig.xml
<Dictionary>
   <Name value="Dictionary_2"/>
   <DictionaryType value="DictionaryType::FileDictionary"/>
   <RdmFieldDictionaryFileName value="./etc/RDMFieldDictionary"/>
    <EnumTypeDefFileName value="./etc/enumtype.def"/>
</Dictionary>

I'm having trouble finding a sample on how to read the above config using EMA Java API.

I have the below to read consumer config from EmaConfig.xml

OmmConsumerConfig config = EmaFactory.createOmmConsumerConfig().consumerName("Consumer_1").username("userid");

I'm looking something similar above to read the data dictionary config.

Please provide some pointers.

Thanks in advance.

Mani

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtrdms
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Mani.A

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you have known an answer, please share and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Hi @Mani.A ,

The data dictionary part of config is used in creating the consumer and is used by EMA automatically. In the consumer block, just include a reference to the dictionary block that you plan to use like this:

<Consumer>
  <Name value="Consumer_1"/>
  <Channel value="Channel_1"/>
  <Logger value="Logger_2"/>
  <Dictionary value="Dictionary_2"/>
</Consumer>

See the EMAconfig.xml examples here.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

Thanks @Gurpreet

In my java code, how I can get access to data dictionary "Dictionary_2" configured for the Consumer_1 in the EmaConfig.xml ?

Currently I'm doing the below:

DataDictionary dataDictionary = EmaFactory.createDataDictionary();
  dataDictionary.loadFieldDictionary("RDMFieldDictionary");
  dataDictionary.loadEnumTypeDictionary("enumtype.def");

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@Mani.A ,

I am trying to understand why you need to do this? Once the dictionary is defined in the config file, it is automatically loaded either from the ADS or from local disk, and is available for use in the EMA application.You don't need an explicit access to data dictionary object.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
15 2 5 12

@Gurpreet Initially, I had field ids hard coded as below. Our clients use field names not field ids.

OmmArray fieldAarray = EmaFactory.createOmmArray();
   fieldAarray.fixedWidth(2);
   fieldAarray.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(22)); //BID
   fieldAarray.add(EmaFactory.createOmmArrayEntry().intValue(25)); // ASK

Later I used the data dictionary api to get the IDs for the field names as below:

DataDictionary dataDictionary = EmaFactory.createDataDictionary();
        dataDictionary.loadFieldDictionary("RDMFieldDictionary");
        dataDictionary.loadEnumTypeDictionary("enumtype.def");
        System.out.println(dataDictionary.entry("BID").fid());

Is there a way to get the field ids for a field name ? Or any best practice for the above ?

Thanks in advance.

Mani

icon clock
10 |1500

Unfortunately not. The EMA loaded data dictionary is only available in the context of the callback method. You can either continue to use filename to load your DD, or see the example ex332_Dictionary_Streaming for how to subscribe to dictionary from the network.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.