Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
17 0 2 5

How can I get the amount outstanding of municipal bonds at US county level ?

I am interested in a time series of amount outstanding for municipal debt per US county. Can I get that via the Eikon API ?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-apibonds
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
5.5k 21 2 6

Hi @marius.popa ,

I believe this thread might have the answer you're after:
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/77111/bond-amount-outstanding-and-rating.html

Do let me know below if that is or isn't the case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17 0 2 5

Hi @jonathan.legrand, thank you for the prompt response. I am still not 100% there.

Yes, I know now to use TR.CA.AmtOutstanding field to get the AO of a bond. But I need to get a time series of amount outstanding of municipal bonds by US county. So what else does my problem entail that is not covered by the answer. Here are some items I can think of (but it depends on the approach):

A. I need to pull a list of all US municipal bonds outstanding at a given time t.

B. I need to find a field inside each of these bonds that tells me the US county that issued these bonds.

C. I then need to GROUP the table in A BY the US county field and simply add the Amount Outstanding for that county. This part I can do on my own if I have A and B.

Or maybe Eikon has this aggregation done somewhere already ?

Thank you,

Marius

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.5k 21 2 6

Hi @marius.popa,

For content questions such as this one, please reach out to the Refinitiv Helpdesk.

If you have any questions to do with the API itself however, please do not hesitate to use this Q&A forum.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17 0 2 5

Dear @jonathan.legrand ,

I am following up with a question on the search API.

Consider the following call:

df = rdp.Search.search(

view = rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments, # a view is a logical partitition of the dataset

top = 10000,

filter = "Country eq 'US'",

select = "IssuerName,CUSIP,Country,MaturityDate,IssueDate,IsActive,Ticker"

)

If I set top to 10k, I get 10k rows. If I set it to a higher value (or not set it at all), I get zero rows. Can you tell me how to set it so I get all rows here. There seem to be more than 10k rows.

Thank you,

Marius

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5.5k 21 2 6

Hi @marius.popa ,

For new queries, please create new questions. I made one for you and answered there:

https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/85083/rdpsearchviews-max-rows.html?childToView=85074#answer-85074

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.