For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

How figure out identifier type via DSS REST API?

Hello,

When arranging on-demand extractions, in the instrument list I have to provide the list of the instrument identifiers and their types.

Sample:

"IdentifierList": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
        "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
            {
                "Identifier": "AA0000000006",
                "IdentifierType": "Isin"
            },
            {
                "Identifier": "US4592001014",
                "IdentifierType": "Isin"
            },
            {
                "Identifier": "438516AC0",
                "IdentifierType": "Cusip"
            }
        ]
}    

How can I figure out which are the types of the identifiers?

Does your REST API provide any way to retrieve such info?

That is, given and identifier, is there a way via your DSS REST API to retrieve the related identifier type ? (such as cusip, isin, ric, ticker, etc)

In addition, where can I find all the possible identifier types?

Is there a way to programmatically download this list through your REST API?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Simone

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdssjava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @simone.guerrieri

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @simone.guerrieri ,

It may be helpful to learn more of your requirement, to make the answer more relevant.

Does your organization have a mixed list of identifiers, of different types, without the identifier type included? If this is the case, I would suggest that as a customer, your best course of action may be to contact Refinitiv content experts, via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> DSS, including your identifier list and the details of your content requirements.

If you have a few, or they are of the same type, you can try to determine what type they are from the information on standard identifiers that is available in the public domain, for example:

DSS API Reference Tree can be helpful in finding out all available types of identifiers supported for your required type of request:

1. From the dropdown list of ExtractionRequests select your required request type ( for example, "EndOfDayPricingExtractionRequest"

2. Select IdentifierList as InstrumentIdentifierList

3. You should see in IndetifierType filed of the reference the drop-down list of available IdentifierTypes.

Please keep in mind that in some cases, only a subset of this list may be supported.

For the descriptions of IndetifierTypes, see ExtractRaw-> Enums -> IdentifierTypes

Hope this information helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Hello @zoya.farberov ,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I am asking this because, while, it is pretty easy to recognize an ISIN or a CUSIP, I have no idea how to recognize other types of instrument identifiers such as ArgentineAfipCode, Ric, or Valoren.

These are just some samples, but actually there are also other types of identifiers that DSS REST API supports but not sure how recognize.

Anyway, as suggested by you, I will ask to Refinitiv support.

Thanks

Regards

Simone

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.