Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 5

`eikon.get_data` started returning 400 backend with `Event_Type` as 'RES`

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any service / api change to `eikon.get_data`?

I regularly query my data with syntax with Python api:

ek.get_data(<RICs>, fields=['TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventType'], parameter={'EventType':'RES', 'SDate': <YYYYMMDD>, 'EDate': <YYYYMMDD>})

This query has been working till last Friday but it start giving 400 error this morning. Btw I am

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

hello @chbrahmsliu ,

Could you please provide the RICs and parameters (SDate, EDate) used that got an error, please? I'd like to reproduce the issue, I tried with the code below and it works properly on my side

ek.get_data(instruments='EMR.N', fields=['TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventType'], parameters={'EventType':'RES', 'SDate': '2021-01-01', 'EDate': '2021-08-01'})

The cause of this error could be from a number of reasons, it could also be because the request is too broad (too much data is being asked in a single request). If so, you may try narrowing the request or splitting it into multiple requests, but please be aware that there're limits on the API which the guideline can be found here

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 5

Hi @raksina.samasiri,

Thanks so much for following up on this issue and apologies for late reply.

From our record, the issue was resolved by itself at around 9am EDT, 2021/09/21, although we didn't do any further cleaning or troubleshooting after 4pm EDT, 2021/09/20. Not sure if that has anything to do with changes on the server side or network issue.

I will share further information if this issue comes back again.

Btw the query I tested was single-instrument as well:

1. ek.get_data(instruments='AAPL.O', fields=['TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventType'], parameters={
        'EventType':'RES', 'SDate': '2021-01-01', 'EDate': '2021-10-01'})
icon clock
10 |1500

Thank you for the update. In case this error occurs again, please raise it in the new question as the question with an accepted answer won't be monitored.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.