Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Eikon API (Python).

How can I get Financial Data for Private Companies using Eikon API?

I was given this query below on how to get some financial data for Private Companies using Excel, but I would like to do it using Eikon API (Python). Can you please tell me how to do it?

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@darwinmcguire22042132

Could you please share a query used in Eikon Excel?

If it is a picture, please attach it as a file.

Hello @darwinmcguire22042132

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@darwinmcguire22042132

For private companies, you can use PermIDs to get financial data.

For example, 5059333881 is the PermID of Schlumberger Ltd. You can use this PermID with the get_data method to get financial data.

df, err = ek.get_data("5059333881", ["TR.Commonname","TR.PCNetDebt"])
df

You can refer to the Data Item Browser video which shows how to use the Data Item Browser in Refinitiv's Workspace to improve Python-based workflows with the Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.