Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Thomson geographic segment

Hello,

I would like to access the international market sales data available in the Thomson geographic segment for each company, can you please guide me on how to reach this data?

I appreciate your help

regards,

Yazen

eikon
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14k 29 5 10

hi @yaalwaal1 ,

you can follow this article to get the geographic segment data How to get Fundamentals Company Geographic Sales Breakdown with Eikon Data APIs | Refinitiv

below is an example code

df,err = ek.get_data('AAPL.O', ['TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue.segmentName', 'TR.BGS.GeoTotalRevenue', 'TR.CompanyName'])

# calculate percentage
df = df.drop(df[df['Segment Name'] == 'Segment Total'].index)
total = df.loc[df['Segment Name'] == 'Consolidated Total', 'Geographic Total Revenues (Calculated)'].values[0]

display(df)

screenshot of the output geo-seg.png

Plus, to see the description and parameters that can be used with this field, you can check in Data Item Browser app on Eikon desktop (search for DIB in Eikon search bar)

dib.png

geo-seg.png (49.7 KiB)
dib.png (73.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.