question

Upvotes
Accepted
5.5k 21 2 6

rdp.SearchViews max rows

Consider the following call:

df = rdp.Search.search(
view = rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments, # a view is a logical partitition of the dataset
top = 10000,
filter = "Country eq 'US'",
select = "IssuerName,CUSIP,Country,MaturityDate,IssueDate,IsActive,Ticker")

If I set top to 10k, I get 10k rows. If I set it to a higher value (or not set it at all), I get zero rows. Can you tell me how to set it so I get all rows here. There seem to be more than 10k rows.

refinitiv-data-platform
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @jonathan.legrand

There are a few ways you can deal with results that exceed the limit. I would encourage you to read some of the suggestions outlined within the Limits Section within that article. I would also recommend you refer to the Limits Notebook for some more complex examples.

When working with Search, it is quite common for the results to contain hits that are not relevant. Because Search offers powerful filtering expressions, you can eliminate a lot of the hits server-side, thus narrowing down results. In the event the hit count exceeds the limit, despite filtering as much of the result server-side, you can utilize Navigators to logically group requests so you can intelligently break them into buckets. This is a more complex use case but the Notebook I linked to above demonstrates this capability.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5.5k 21 2 6

As per Nick's article, the upper call limit for the rdp search api is 10 000:

This is true for rdp.SearchViews.MunicipalInstruments

icon clock
10 |1500

Apologies if you cannot see the screenshot, but we are having some temporary technical difficulties. Nonetheless, the limit is 10000.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.