question

Upvotes
Accepted
383 7 13 15

Need to subscribe same item in two streams

Hi,

I am using ETA Value Added library in my application.

In one of my use case, I need to subscribe same RIC code in two different streams but same connection.

One will subscribe to incremental update, whereas other will update only snapshot and then this stream will be stopped by application.

But, When I try to subscribe same ticker from another stream,it gets error "AlreadyOpen: A46: Item was reopened under new stream."

Please note that my first stream should continue to update throughout the trading hours, whereas second stream can connect and fetch snapshot in between if required and this stream (second) will be terminated immediately.

Is there any option to allow to subscribe two different streams with same ticker ?

elektronelektron-sdkrrteta-apirefinitiv-real-time
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17k 80 39 63

Hi @Bhimrao.Ghule

The streaming server, not the API, prevents you from opening multiple, identical streams. However, you can open 1 stream and request a snapshot (non-streaming) request for the same item without getting that error. It is when you are opening streaming requests for the same item - the streaming service doesn't allow this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @nick.zincone , Thanks for the information, one streaming and other snapshot request worked.

Upvotes
383 7 13 15

I have a follow up question, Is it allowed to open multiple streams against one ticker in RFA ? We have this feature implemented for RFA.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.