Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 3 3 5

Item dates and error

Hello, I have two unrelated questions

1. I keep on getting the following error (see below). However, there is nothing bad with my requests. The error coms randomly. Sometimes I am able to run the request sometimes I am not. Does anyone know why

Error code 400 | Backend error. 400 Bad Request

2. I have a list of variable in my request. How do I get a unique date for each variable (e.g., fiscal-year end)? If I use XXX.date or XXX.calcdate I get some wrong item in some of the variables

date
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

hello @sc11214 ,

1. For the Error code 400, it's a generic error which can occur for a number of different reasons. One recommendation is to make sure you use the latest version of Eikon Data APIs library. Could you please provide us the version you're using? If it's the latest version and still facing the problem, please provide the code used so I could do the further investigation.
  2. The proper parameter for date of each variable can be found in Data Item Browser, you may search for DIB in Eikon search box
    1633421036592.png
    Then put the instrument name and search for the variable (field) you're interested, then click Parameters tab at the right panel. The supported parameter of the field can be found in the 'Output' dropdown1633420890286.png

1633421036592.png (19.7 KiB)
1633420890286.png (130.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Raksina thank you very much for your reply. I will check the DIB for the dates. This is very useful

For the eikon version, I am using:

Is this the latest version?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.