For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
22 4 4 9

What’s the general response time for timeout get request and how many re-tries we should do?

When requesting data via REST API, we got response as “202 Accepted”, however timeout happened.

So I have taken a URL from header and I tried multiple times, still I did not get a response.

What’s the general response time for timeout get request and how many re-tries we should do ?

Get URL: https://selectapi.datascope.refinitiv.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractWithNotesResult(ExtractionId='0x07bd10e3938d32e8')

dss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Lukasz Ossowski

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Lukasz Ossowski ,

Please see Key Mechanisms -> Asynch for the discussion of the approach to asynch requesting with DSS REST API.

If a submitted asynch request can be processed within 30 sec, it will come back with status=200 however, if it can not be processed within 30 sec it will come back with status=202.

The service will process the request as soon as it is possible. How long it will take to process can differ, depending on service load at the time, size of the request, there is no general rule how long a request will take to process.

It is a common practice that requestor checks the status every 30 sec. There is no specific number of checks that is recommended.

However, as I fully understand you are looking to implement safety into your solution, I would suggest, for a production implementation, to analyze the request, and from testing of it, to get an idea of how long the specific request usually takes, informally, what's the mean and what's the standard deviation. This way, for the uncommon case when a request has not completed within reasonable time from your testing, plus a substantial safety margin, it can be brought up/reported for an investigation/alerting on the service can be checked and support case can be opened to investigate in depth.

Hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.