question

Upvotes
Accepted
13 5 9 11

Company Filing History

Hi,

I am trying to access company filing history by RDP API but have been unable to use the filing example in the download section of the tutorial. Would you be so kind to help developing a snippet of code which:

1. Scans the corporate filing history for a given security, and a given time-period;

2. Scans a particular filing converting it into a string

We can use the example of PermID: '4295912121' if that makes it easier.

Thank you!

rdp-apirefinitiv-data-platformrdp
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Giorgio Cozzolino

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 59 14 21

@Giorgio Cozzolino,

I don't know what sample you are using - but it is not the one that we provide. Please download the samples from dev portal and try to run the filings sample without modifying. It should result in downloading the file. The output from the sample should be:

>>> python filings.py
Performing a document search using document-text...
Existing token read from: token.txt
Document ID is: 54935011

Retrieving the document URL for this DocID...
Existing token read from: token.txt
Document fileName is: ecpfilings_97659613634_pdf
Retrieval signedUrl is: https://cdn-filings.filings.refinitiv.com/*******APKAIDW27KNAZ6YUBN7A

Downloading the document: ecpfilings_97659613634_pdf...
The document [ecpfilings_97659613634_pdf], has been downloaded

We don't have filings implemented in the rdp library. It is scheduled for sometime next year.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

Hi @Giorgio Cozzolino ,

What is the error message when you try to use the filing API sample. Do you have the right permissions to use the API?

I just tried the sample and it works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 5 9 11

Hi @Gurpreet,

Unfortunately I don't find the example very user friendly so I wouldn't even know where to start with it. I have used the rdp library on Python before so I don't believe it's a permission issue? Nevertheless there is a library I have not used in the past, namely rdpToken. I am using a simple Jupyter notebook.

In any case, would you please be so kind in posting the code here for the specific security? Something which works in a Jupyter environment. it would save quite a lot of time.

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 59 14 21

Hi @Giorgio Cozzolino,

I would recommend that you follow all the steps in the quick start guide here. Once you have, then run the filings sample using the following command:

python filings.py

Let me know if there is an issue running it like this. The above command will firstly get a token which is required for the filings API, and as a second step, get the filings data.

Currently we don't have a filings object in the RDP library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
13 5 9 11

Hi @Gurpreet

I have tried running the filings.py file and unfortunately I don't seem to be able to receive a response from the server. All username, password and keys are correct.

runfile('C:/Users/GiorgioCozzolino/Downloads/rdp_python_samples/samples/filings.py', wdir='C:/Users/GiorgioCozzolino/Downloads/rdp_python_samples/samples')
Reading the token from: token.txt
Have token now
Token is: eyJ0eXAiOiJhdCtqd3QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6ImRMdFd2Q0tCSC1NclVyWm9YMXF
requestSearch...
Raw response=
<Response [403]>
Parsed json response=
""
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\GiorgioCozzolino\Downloads\rdp_python_samples\samples\filings.py", line 195, in <module>
    docId = jsonFullResp["data"]["FinancialFiling"][0]["FilingDocument"]["DocId"]

TypeError: string indices must be integers

The issue is that

jsonFullResp

is coming back as an empty string. Not sure what steps to take from here.

Is there not an easier way to access this information via any library in:

rdp.search

Thanks!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.