question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 2 3

How to get Industry classification, Country classification & S&P rating from CDS in Datastream python API?

Hi,

For some Credit Default Swaps such as "Aegon N V Senior CR14 6 Months United States Dollar" with mnemomi "AEN0$AC", I want to obtain the Industry classification, Country classification & S&P rating. How do I do that using the python module DatastreamDSWS and the get_data("AEN0$AC" ,......) function or can I request it via the datastream web explorer http://product.datastream.com/browse/ ?

Example:

industry, country, SPrating= get_data("AEN0$AC" ,......)

Thanks in advance!

pythondatastream-apidatastream
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.2k 246 52 72

@jeroen.kouwenberg01

According to the Datastream Navigator website, there are 64 data types available in the Credit Default Swaps category. The Industry classification, Country classification, and S&P rating fields are not on the list.

1634035466440.png

I assume that those fields are not available in the Credit Default Swaps category.

Please contact the Datastream support team directly via MyRefinitiv to confirm it.

1634035466440.png (72.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.