Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 2 3

Eikon via Python Unable to Collect Data For Some Fields

Hi,

we are trying to retrieve Corporate Event data via the Python Eikon module and its get_data() function. Normally this works just fine. However, today we submitted a query which was answered successfully. After that we submitted the same query which received a partial answer. Some fields were empty and the following information was provided:

[{'code': 415, 'col': 1, 'message': 'Unable to collect data for some field(s).', 'row': 0}, {'code': 415, 'col': 2, 'message': 'Unable to collect data for some field(s).', 'row': 0}, {'code': 415, 'col': 11, 'message': 'Unable to collect data for some field(s).', 'row': 0}]

Example RIC : 'BLK.DE'

1634113478074.png

Can you please explain why that happens and how to resolve this issue?

Best regards,

Hans

eikoneikon-data-apipython
1634113478074.png (13.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @hans-hermann.kiessig

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@hans-hermann.kiessig

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
78.9k 250 52 74

@hans-hermann.kiessig

I have removed the TR.CACorpEventType field and changed the value of the SDate parameter.

l = ['BLK.DE']

fields = [ 'TR.CACorpActEventType', 'TR.CACorpActDate', 'TR.EventType', 
          'TR.EventTitle', 'TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventStartTime', 
          'TR.EventEndTime', 'TR.EventStatus', 'TR.EventCountry', 
          'TR.EventLastUpdate', 'TR.DivEventStatus','EXDIVDATE', 
          'DIVPAYDATE', 'CF_YIELD', 'CF_CURR', 'TR.ISIN']

vals = {'SDate': '-1Y', 'EDate': '0AY'}

df_out, info = ek.get_data( l, fields, vals )

df_out

I got the following response.

1634792929631.png

I think this field TR.CACorpEventType is invalid.

1634792929631.png (25.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
10.2k 18 6 9

@hans-hermann.kiessig Sorry to hear this please could you paste the API call code so we can try to replicate. thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi, have you seen my reply below?
Upvotes
1 1 2 3

Hi,

here is our API call:

import eikon as ek

l = ['BLK.DE']

fields = ['TR.CACorpEventType', 'TR.CACorpActEventType', 'TR.CACorpActDate', 'TR.EventType', 'TR.EventTitle', 'TR.EventStartDate', 'TR.EventStartTime', 'TR.EventEndTime', 'TR.EventStatus', 'TR.EventCountry', 'TR.EventLastUpdate', 'TR.DivEventStatus', 'EXDIVDATE', 'DIVPAYDATE', 'CF_YIELD', 'CF_CURR', 'TR.ISIN']

vals = {'SDate': '1AW', 'EDate': '0AY'}

df_out, info = ek.get_data( l, fields, vals )

Best,

Hans

icon clock
10 |1500

We have eikon version 1.1.12 and Python (Windows) version 3.8.3

Upvotes
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @hans-hermann.kiessig

I did a quick check with the Data Item Browser app ("DIB" in Eikon/Workspace) based on @Jirapongse answer, I cannot find the field TR.CACorpEventType too.

data-item-browser.png

You can use the Data Item Browser app to verify the available fields of that item.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.