Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 2

Description of values obtained from "Power Gas Carbon Agriculture Research and Forecasts" template

I'm trying to see what data I can extract via the "Power Gas Carbon Agriculture Research and Forecasts" Excel template, focusing on agricultural data.

In general, I've found a few types of tables, but am having trouble understanding what they really contain:

• AgDash (i.e. AgDash.BRA.10yr.Meso.Acre)
    • Have four categories of data: Min, Max, Avg and Precip. I assume those are daily precipitation (in mm) and min/max/average temperature (in Celcius)?
  • SoilM (i.e. AgDash.BRA.SoilM.Download.10Yr)
    • Monthly data of what I assume is soil moisture, but I have no idea what the units are since they are all in the hundreds, and moisture is usually given as a percentage (or decimal equivalent).
  • NDVI (i.e. NDVI - Corn Soy Brazil)
    • Seem straightforward, with data on the vegetation index
  • Supply and demand (i.e. Refinitiv Ags, S&D-Brazil Corn)
    • No idea what the data is ("First Corn Planted CONAB 2019/20"?) or the units used.
  • Forecast (i.e. AgDash.BRA.Fcst.GFSOP and AgDash.BRA.GFS.Precip)
    • Seem straightforward, showing two-week-forward temperature and precipitation forecasts.
    • However, the precipitation forecasts in the files don't seem to match, even when comparing AgDash.BRA.Fcst.GFSOP and AgDash.BRA.GFS.Precip, both of which use GFS. What am I missing?
  • Accumulated precipitation (i.e. Brazil-Acc.Precip-GFS and Brazil-Acc.Precip-GFS-DiffN)
    • Seem to use different nomenclature for the different regions (i.e. "BRA.AC.01" and "BRA.AC.02" instead of "Jurua Valley" and "Acre Valley Mesoregion" in other tables). How can I convert between them?
  • Exports (i.e. Agflow.Br.Exp.crn.accumulated.c andAgflow_BR_Corn_ByCountry)
    • Seem straightforward, showing the accumulated exports for the last five years (two years per country). I assume the units are in kilotons?
  • Lineups (i.e. Brazil_Soy_Lineups_aggreg)
    • Seem to show future logistic data. I assume the units are in kilotons?

Could someone please clarify the contents of these tables?

eikoneikon-data-apiexcel
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@pnacht

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

Case number 10578369 is closed. The client got the information they want.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@pnacht This is a detailed content query which is best answered by raising a content query on Contact Us. I have opened case 10578369 on your behalf and you should hear from them shortly. I hope this can help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.