question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 6 9

Channel Callback Client recieved ChannelDownReconnecting Message

Hello :)

I saw the error message like below a few hours ago.

After Nasdaq market opened, the message occured.

What is ChannelDownReconnecting?

loggerMsg
    ClientName: ChannelCallbackClient
    Severity: Warning
    Text:    Received ChannelDownReconnecting event on channel DATA_CHANNEL_1
        RsslReactor =====
        RsslChannel =====
        Error Id 0
        Internal sysError 0
        Error Location null
        Error text Connection reset
loggerMsgEnd

ema-apichannelcallback
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @goodsgjung ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

@goodsgjung

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @goodsgjung

Do you have a large watchlist of instruments and/or are you performing considerable processing in the main onRefesh or onUpdate callbacks? If so, you could be starving the API thread (that calls the onRefresh and onUpdate callbacks) - which could mean the API cannot read all the data from the server in a timely manner and the server disconnects you.

The above may not be the case - but I mention this because it is a possibility.

A few posts related to 'slow consumer'

EMAJ version 1.1.1.E2 keeps hitting disconnection intermittently - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

How can I Avoid making database call in onUpdateMsg but need result to be stored in database.Can I have an example? - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

RTO disconnection happen in case of many RICs to be subscribed - Forum | Refinitiv Developer Community

Are you connecting to an internal ADS server or using our RTO cloud-based service?

If internal ADS, speak to your internal MarketData team who can check the logs for any disconnects and the reason.

IF RTO, then please raise a ticket at My.Refinitiv for the Real-Time Optimised with details of your machineID and disconnect times - they may be able to check their logs also.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @goodsgjung ,

This likely means that channel was down and EMA API was working to recover it.

You may wish to review the discussion of "Single Open" concept in EMA RDM Guide. By default, an EMA consumer is utilizing "Single Open" and upon connection loss, EMA API attempts to recover the channel without action required from app developer. Once the channel is re-established, EMA attempts to re-subscribe any existent item streams. It is possible to modify this behavior, via attributes passed, please find the details in RDM guide.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.