Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

pip install eikon error

My client is trying to do "pip install eikon" in the prompt and the error message is showing up. Please see the attached.error message.png

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
error-message.png (109.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your advice!

@tnksnsk314 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @tnksnsk314

The Python pip tool needs to connect to the internet to download the Eikon Data API package from the https://pypi.org/ repository. The error message means the pip tool cannot connect to the internet behind the client network.

I highly recommend the client contact their local IT department to verify this network issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

You need to ensure correct version of pip is used. I tried the following command and it worked for me
pip3 install --trusted-host pypi.org --trusted-host files.pythonhosted.org eikon
hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.