I am a beginner in WorldCheck API and have several questions.
1) Is it possible to do screening via python instead of using Postman? Hope to be directed to some sample python scripts (of various methods such as Sync, Async, Zero Footprint, bulk screening) to get started.
2) Where do I retrieve my group_id? I am unable to find it when I login to WC1 UI. I have tried using a shortname which was displayed under "Groups" on a left vertical in the UI.
3) I have tried a python script from this link (https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/47570/please-can-you-post-a-sample-python-file-that-can.html) using my API key and API secret. However, I am getting the below error.
MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='zfs-world-check-one-api.thomsonreuters.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /v1/cases/screeningRequest (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x000001E68BD39C70>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed'))
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Please find out comments below:
1. Yes, you can use the Python for screening request. Please refer the Python code used in below link. Please note: We request you to kindly use the host name as api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com
2. Currently, you can use the API call "SEQ-pre-groups: Get my top-level groups" to get the groupId.
3. You are receiving the error as you are using the invalid host, kindly use the host api-worldcheck.refinitiv.com and then try initiating the API call and let us know if issue still persists.
Unfortunately, we are not having any additional python scripts other than ScreeningRequest. Therefore, we request you to kindly leverage & amend the scripts mentioned on the below link