question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 3 9 11

Will RFAJ 8.2.1.L3 work with Java 11?

My initial try is to install Zulu OpenJDK (v11.43) but it does not work with my eclipse. But I do hear my coworkers have newer eclipse version working but has call error

com.reuters.rfa.session.Session.acquire(String sessionName) that fails

with error ExceptionInInitializerError

Is there any recommendation in using RFA in Java 11?

rfajava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@chris.xiao

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.7k 54 17 14

Hello @chris.xiao

I suggest you contact the RDC support team via the Contact Premium Support to verify this JDK compatibility issue.

rfa-java-support.png

rfa-java-support.png (110.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
1.5k 5 6 7

It should indeed work with JDK 11 according to the README file distributed with the RFA SDK.

For your ExceptionInInitializerError problem:
Isn't there a "Caused by" in your stacktrace? Please share full stacktrace.

Btw: If the problem occurs in class com.reuters.rfa.session.Session then I doubt it has to do with what IDE you're using. Try to reproduce the problem from the command line, for example by doing mvn package command .. or whatever build system you use.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 3 9 11

@Lars-at-Addicticks

ushal Hakani 9:42 AM

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

at rfa@8.2.1.L3/com.reuters.rfa.internal.common.ContextImpl.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

at rfa@8.2.1.L3/com.reuters.rfa.internal.rwf.OMMPoolInt.<clinit>(Unknown Source)

at rfa@8.2.1.L3/com.reuters.rfa.omm.OMMPool.create(Unknown Source)

at com.rbccm.rdps.reuters/com.rbccm.rdps.reuters.client.OmmSession.<clinit>(OmmSession.java:32)

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 3 9 11

once in eclipse right click -> configure -> Create module-info.java and change compliance to Java 11, the issue would come up. At this point, we just not make it true java 11

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.