question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 4 4

Max size for posting message(having multiple RICS) using using Python socket(directly connecting to RCC)

Hi,

We are currently using python WebSockets to directly contribute to RCC. We want to send multiple RICS in a single message and currently, we are able to send the JSON array.

1)Each item contains 5-7 fields of data

2) we are planning to send data every 15 seconds interval

3)we will connect to RCC directly

for example two messages in a single posting

[

{

"Ack":true,

"ID":1,

"Key":{

"Name":"TEST1=DARN",

"Service":"DDS_TRCE"

},

"Message":{

"Fields":{

"ACVOL_1":47,

"PRIMACT_1":325.57,

"VALUE_TS1":"08:23:30"

},

"ID":0,

"Type":"Update"

},

"PostID":1,

"Type":"Post"

},

{

},

"Message":{

"Fields":{

"ACVOL_1":4244,

"PRIMACT_1":2.27,

},

},

"PostID":2,

},

]

Could you please let us know what is the maximum message size in form of JSON, we can send to RCC using multiple RICS in a single message?

I understand there is a parameter related to this MaxMsgSize, but not sure this parameter value will dictate the size of the message for posting. Could you please elaborate?

2)Is there any time WebSockets are down from the server-side during maintenance or it will be 24*7 without any downtime, could you please confirm this.

Regards,

Amit Gupta

@umer.nalla @wasin.waeosri

websockets
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hi @amit.gupta ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @amit.gupta

RCC team have re-iterated the above - i.e. it has not been tested, and therefore not officially supported. Therefore, they have advised against using it.

They were unable to provide a timescale for when it may / would be tested.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @amit.gupta

A PostMsg can only take a single Instrument at a time - therefore you would need to send multiple messages - one for each item.

If you are sending every 15 seconds, I recommend you log in once and maintain the session between the 15second intervals - rather than logout/login every 15 seconds.

The RCC service does have Maintenance periods and I believe there is a 'Service alert' email you can subscribe to. I will get the details on how to register for the alerts and get back to you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 4 4

Just to summarise,

1)If we need to send 200 tickers per 15 seconds, we need to send 200 post messages for 200 tickers every 15 seconds. Yes, we are not going to log out and log in again. I mean we are using currently python WebSockets(directly contributing to RCC).

we are following this link of python code Tutorials | Refinitiv Developers

Could you please confirm this?

2)One interesting point to note is that we did send two instruments in a single message with two post ids 1 and 2(sample JSON format attached in the thread). We do get the acknowledged messages for both 1 and 2 . So, it means that the acknowledgment message is not correct. We are getting confused about this. Could you please let us now why it is happening

@umer.nalla wasin.waeosri

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @amit.gupta

Just to clarify, the following is a single PostMsg

{
    },
    "Message":
    {
        "Fields":
        {
            "ACVOL_1":47,
            "PRIMACT_1":325.57,
        },
    },
    "PostID":1,
}

You sent two individual post messages within a single JSON payload.

I have already reached out to the RCC team if there is any limit on how many post messages you can include in a single JSON payload.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 4 4

1)Yes, you are right we have sent 2 post messages(of Json Array) in a single JSON payload. and we got successful acknowledgment for all the 2 messages also from servers.

1)If they can let us know how many multiple RICS in the single JSON message can be supported and they can also tell about the maximum size of the message that we can send

Please let us know if you need anything from our side

@umer.nalla @wasin.waeosri

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @amit.gupta

I am still awaiting a response from the RCC dev team on the JSON message limits, I will update once I hear back.

In the meantime, please see the following on how to register for RCC related Alerts and Product Change notifications.

Notifications and Alerts information can be found here https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/policies/notifications-and-alerts.html

You can subscribe to Service Alerts at the following https://insightalerting.refinitiv.com/a/alerts/servicealerts/Subscription/MySubscriptions.aspx

You should select the following-

Application

->Contributions Channel Cloud

--->Refinitiv Contributions Channel

Application

->Refinitiv Contributions Channel

--->Refinitiv Contributions Channel

Infrastructure

->Refinitiv Real-Time

--->Refinitiv Real-Time Contributed Data

---->Refinitiv Real-Time Test Environment

e.g.

1634918670678.pngand

1634918763348.png

For Product Change Notifications-

Clients can subscribe to receive email notifications for PCNs here https://customers.refinitiv.com/a/support/notificationservice/SubscribeProduct.aspx?mode=edit

Refinitiv Contributions Channel

1634918670678.png (23.7 KiB)
1634918763348.png (32.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 4 4

Any update on this please

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @amit.gupta

Thanks for your patience - I was awaiting confirmation from the RCC team.

Their current advice is not to use the above technique (of multiple PostMsg in a single JSON message) as it has not been fully tested and qualified by the RCC team.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.