Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Unable to pull up data using Excel API through IP of 159.220.1.19

Hi, We have had a request for pulling data from Eikon into Excel. Although the method to be used is Python. Is there a way for us to use the Python connection to pull the data required as it is meant to be faster? The user has found a way online via the IP of 159.220.1.19, but it is failing. Any thoughts? Many thanks, Vikas

pythonapiconnectionerror-500
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @V-Kumar,

How are you doing? Were you able to resolve the issue, or are you still in search of a solution? Please give us an update with the relevant information, so that we can help.

-AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @V-Kumar ,

Regrettably, we have not heard back from you, and for this reason, are unable to be of help.

I am closing this discussion thread for the lack of response.

-AHS

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@V-Kumar ,

You cannot connect to Refinitiv IPs directly. The Eikon data API in python and the Excel plugin work through Eikon desktop or Refinitiv Workspace applications only. Please ensure that you have Eikon running locally and start from this step by step Quickstart for getting started with Python.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

We have Wilson running yet we cannot connect…

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

We have moved from a DACs system to eikon hosted…

Not 100% certain why this is an issue now when we can reach the system from our proxy.

can we do a remote session?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Hi @V-Kumar,

Seems like you have an infrastructure issue rather then an API related one. Please raise a service ticket at my.refinitiv.com to get in touch with Eikon support team who will be able to advise you on the connectivity options.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1

I have and they told me to reach out to you.

As I can reach the ip

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Is your Eikon desktop running and getting data?

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.