For a deeper look into our World Check One API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 2

Usage of ActionType

My attempt in retrieving details of World Check Profile by ID returned me "actions": [], As I checked the documentation, I would like to understand how the ActionType is being used? Currently it has enumerations of :

CIVIL_ACTION ,

CRIMINAL_CONVICTION,

ENFORCEMENT, SANCTION

Thanks in advance

world-checkworld-check-one
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
211 1 0 0

Hi @HanLiong.Ng,

I've checked to see if there had been any response to Brian's jira query, and here's the developer team's response.

At the moment the only action type that is available for World-Check data is SANCTION.

The list of actions contained within an entity profile is basically a more structured representation of the various "SANCTIONS" listings within the World-Check "further information" field. These actions also include links to the sanction's issuing body (represented by the "source" object).

Our data model supports other action types (specifically: CIVIL_ACTION, CRIMINAL_CONVICTION, and ENFORCEMENT), but these are used for data sets other than World-Check, such as the legacy data sets used previously within Screening Online.

Fields that are null can safely be ignored; several of these are also only relevant for non-World-Check data sets, and will never contain any data when a WC1 API customer is dealing exclusively with World-Check data.

The most important fields within actions, specifically for World-Check data, are the action's title and text. Apart from the "source" link, these two fields should contain all relevant data World-Check have provided around a particular sanction against a profile.

Hope that makes sense

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @HanLiong.Ng,

I'm not sure by what you mean when you say "How it's being used"

From the WC-1 documentation:

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/customer-and-third-party-screening/world-check-one-api

When you make a request to get World-Check Profile using:

GET { {protocol}}{ {gateway-host}}{ {gateway-url}}reference/profile/{ {worldcheck-profile-id}}

It returns the Profile of the request and one of the fields is actions:

actions returns the details of the actionType...

Let me know if that is what you're looking for.

Brian

Here's an example Return:

"actions": [
    {
      "actionId": null,
      "actionType": "SANCTION",
      "comment": null,
      "endDate": null,
      "files": [],
      "publicationType": null,
      "published": null,
      "reference": null,
      "source": {
        "abbreviation": "OFAC",
        "creationDate": "2013-03-21T13:41:13Z",
        "identifier": "b_trwc_386",
        "importIdentifier": null,
        "name": "USA - OFAC SDN LIST (OFFICE OF FOREIGN ASSETS CONTROL) - OFAC",
        "provider": null,
        "providerSourceStatus": "ACTIVE",
        "regionOfAuthority": "USA",
        "subscriptionCategory": "STANDARD",
        "type": {
          "category": {
            "description": "This gives details of individuals, companies and vessels with whom national or supranational bodies have decreed firms should not have financial dealings. Dealings with these designated persons or entities can lead to large fines, jail sentences and increased regulatory oversight owing to perceived failures in systems of internal control.",
            "identifier": "ec_1",
            "name": "Sanctions",
            "providerSourceTypes": null
          },
          "identifier": "t_trwc_2",
          "name": "Sanctions"
        }
      }
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

hi brian, yes, the above sample response provide more understanding. do you have sample profile to get the above result?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

Brian, i found one profile that has similar response, related to OFAC & sanction category. i guess this is leading to more questions around the same context :

1. "actionType": what is action type? What is the base of this being categorised as Sanctions or Enforcement or Crime Conviction etc.

2. endDate" & "provider" seem always empty (null). What is business logic for these fields.

3. "providerSourceStatus": "ACTIVE”, ===> what is the implication when the status is Active or Deleted or Hidden respectively.

Thanks in advance.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3.1k 18 7 7

Hi @HanLiong.Ng,

I will enter your questions in Jira WC-1 dev issue tracker, however I did briefly talk with dev, and the next release will better fill out the return fields, in question #2. Note, questions 1&3 may be better answered by WC-1 research who manage the WC-1 database, I'll add them separately to Jira.

Hope this helps,

Brian

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
18 9 9 10

Hi Brian,

What was the conclusion to @HanLiong.ng question, I would like the know about these values as well

Kind Regards

Derek

icon clock
10 |1500

Contacted c3r.api@tr.com for the response

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.