Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 1

Obtain TR.CommonName and TR.RIC given a list of companies

I have a list of 1752 private company names. I would like to ask how to extract TR.CommonName and TR.RIC for all of the 1752 companies.

I use the following code to obtain TR.CommonName and TR.RIC for Jetstar

df, err = ek.get_data([SCREEN(U(IN(Private(OrgType(COM,UNK,MKP)))),Contains(TR.CommonName, Jetstar))], [TR.CommonName,TR.RIC])

when I try to apply the code to a list of company names like following, I notice that eikon search for companies with names that contains the character "company_list [x]", instead of the value that company_list [x] refers to.

for x in company_list[0,1751]

df_1 = df

df_2, err = ek.get_data(['SCREEN(U(IN(Private(OrgType(COM,UNK,MKP)))),Contains(TR.CommonName,company_list [x]))'], ['TR.CommonName','TR.RIC'])

df_2["MerchantName"] = company_list [x]

df_merged = pd.concat([df_1,df_2],ignore_index = True)

df = df_merged

Thank you very much.

eikoneikon-data-apipython apiricscompany
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @songqirong

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @songqirong

Do you mean the Eikon Screener search for the company with "company_list[x]" string instead of the value of the company_list[x] variable?

If so, you need to concat the actual value of the company_list[x] variable to the Screener query string.

for x in company_list:
    screen = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Private(OrgType(COM,UNK,MKP)))),Contains(TR.CommonName, {})'.format(x)
    print(screen)

concat-string-screener.png

You can find more details from the following Python resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.