question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

What are the root cause of “channel down” on Dictionary Stream?

After my service run for a while to received market price data, I've encountered "channel down" on login and dictionary stream. This cause my service to struck and doesn't receive any market price data from server. I've tried to recovery the service by register MMT_DICTIONARY to check this “channel down” and reinitialised the connection but I don’t know the reason why dictionary down cause my service struck.

ema-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @ratchata.limnumkam01

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @ratchata.limnumkam01

Channel Down indicates that the connection has been lost between your computer and the server.

As a result, you would expect all open streams including Login, Dictionary etc to be closed off also.

There is an article that explains connection and item recovery - The Mechanics of EMA Connection and Item Recovery | Refinitiv Developers - note the section on Failover / ChannelSets.
If you are not using ChannelSets, you are strongly urged to do so - see this article for additional information Enterprise Message API (EMA) - Configuration Overview | Refinitiv Developers

You also need to identify the reason for the connection loss - are you connecting to an internal ADS or are you connecting to the cloud-based Refinitiv Real-Time Optimized service?

If internal ADS, then please contact your Market Data team to understand why your app lost the connection/was disconnected. They can check their ADS logs etc.

If you are connecting to RTO - then please raise a Ticket on My.Refinitiv for the 'Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized' team - who can investigate their Logs etc

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @umer.nalla

Thank you for your detailed answer. I've already used ChannelSets. I'm not sure about ADS, is it so called TREP server?

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

HI @ratchata.limnumkam01

Thanks for confirming. You are correct, the ADS is the consumer side component of the TREP (RTDS) system.

The ADS has logs that should identify why your application was disconnected from the ADS - your internal Market Data team should be able to access those logs.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.