Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 5

Simple eikon query returns 404 error

Hi,

Starting this morning, I keep getting 404 errors from simple query in Python layer. Please see screenshot below. But the desktop app works fine.

Anyone has idea on how could this happen?

1636384465788.png

eikoneikon-data-apierror-404
1636384465788.png (24.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Note:

The screenshot was taken at my earlier attempt. The command I finally tried is:

ek.get_symbology(['AAPL.O'],from_symbol_type='ticker',to_symbol_type=['ISIN'])

Hello @chbrahmsliu

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@chbrahmsliu

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @chbrahmsliu ,

Have you tried rebooting the computer? this thread mentioned that it's fixed by the fresh reboot

If it's not working after the reboot, below are other threads with the same error message, could you please check that is there any case that can fix the issue on your machine?

Feel free to tell me in case there are any further questions

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 0 5

Update: after rebooting and Clear Cache (eikon)

I got this different error:

1636386669374.png

1636386669374.png (33.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.