question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

The stream is closed when running for 1 hour

Hi Support,

I found that the stream was closed when my program had been running for almost an hour.
Here is the log. The closed message is at 12/11/2021 20:29:03.571.
How can I prevent this problem?
Thanks in advance

rdp.zip

refinitiv-dataplatform-eikon
rdp.zip (67.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @hasanderonn

Is this a new app you are running for the 1st time - or has it been running fine for a while?

If it has been working fine prior to the above failure, then it could be a maintenance window you hit or some temporary issue with the server you are connecting to. I recommend you raise a ticket for the Refinitiv Real-Time - Optimized service at My.Refinitiv and the RTO team should be able to confirm if there was any maintenance or other server issues at the time of your disconnect. They should also be able to explain how to register for Maintenance alerts etc.

Does your application do any connection recovery - e.g. try to reconnect or try a different server?

You may also be interested in the following example that implements Hot Standby - websocket-api/market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

where it will switch to a different endpoint if one fails.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.