For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
23 10 14 23

Datascope select plus Entity data download files using curl ftp failed

I am using curl command where i am trying to download the entity data bulk report files but getting error as :

curl -x http://proxy1.tst:8080 ftp://plus.datascope.refinitiv.com --user user:password
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100   335    0   335    0     0    118      0 --:--:--  0:00:02 --:--:--   118<title>Directory listing</title>
<h1>Directory listing</h1><pre>
You are user #19 of 100 simultaneous users allowed.

Restricted user logged in.
<hr>
<a href = "../">Parent Directory</a> (<a href = "/">Root Directory</a>)

4096 Nov  8 14:15 <a href=".ssh/">.ssh/</a>
    4096 Nov 18 00:28 <a href="Bulk_Reports/">Bulk_Reports/</a>

Do i have permission issue to download the files ?

datascope-select
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @rahul.deshmukh

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hello @rahul.deshmukh,

I don't have DSE+ credentials so unable to directly check your curl command, but something does not look correct. You should be getting an (S)FTP response to the (s)ftp request and not an embedded HTML as shown. Is your proxy server causing this.

Can you try to use WinScp to login to sftp://plus.datascope.refinitiv.com with your credentials and see if that works.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

it got solved now ...

1. Restricted user logged in. is just warning ...i used wget in linux machine to download the files..Below is my command:
  2. wget --user user--password password --recursive ftp://plus.datascope.refinitiv.com/Bulk_Reports/

But again my problem is as i am working in windows and may be want to use curl command instead of wget ...do you know how it works with curl command ?

curl is a generic network tool rather then a ftp transfer tool. In Windows machine, you can use sftp.exe or WinScp.

Also, since the secure format is supported, I would highly discourage the use of ftp protocol - use sftp instead.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.