question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 4 8

Currency conversion for historical price timeseries

I've previously been using Dex2 to request a timeseries of TR.TradePriceClose, and employed the currency conversion functionality provided (eg add Currency=USD to the request).

For various reasons I'm looking at moving to the .NET API instead, and was wondering if there is any straightforward way to specify a desired target currency when requesting a historic timeseries?

eikonapi.neteikon-app-studio
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @Charles,

I'm afraid the answer is no. Since Eikon .NET SDK does not provide currency conversion capability, you'd have to program currency conversion yourself, which is not a trivial task. Perhaps it's better to stay with Dex2 at least for this part of the project?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ah ok, I was worried that might be the case. Thanks for the info.

Upvotes
1 0 0 0

Hi,

is still not possible? I would like to convert multiple instruments in a specific currency using the get_timeseries function (field="CLOSE")

Thanks in advance!

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.