For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
66 2 6 11

Login Rejected. Watchlist size of 2500 for 'WS JSON2' connection is outside of range [20001,50000] supported for this ADS fanout tier for this type of connection.

Hi Team,

when I use client's RDP credentials to subscribe NEWS via Web socket , I get response with "Login Rejected. Watchlist size of 2500 for 'WS JSON2' connection is outside of range [20001,50000] supported for this ADS fanout tier for this type of connection."

could you advice how to solve it ?

thanks

websocketsmrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @gang.chen1

You are not using the correct tier endpoint for which your MachineID has been licenced.

You are trying to connect to a Large Tier endpoint but only licenced for the Small tier.

Ideally, you should use the service discovery example - which will automatically identify endpoints matching your licence and region location- websocket-api/market_price_rdpgw_service_discovery.py at master · Refinitiv/websocket-api (github.com)

If they are using an MRN example that hardcodes an endpoint, then they can combine the Service Discovery code from the above example with the MRN example.

Another option (not recommended) is to select a valid small tier endpoint from the list of endpoints:

RTO New Hostnames August 2021

RTO Install and Config Guide

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi umer.nalla,

thanks for your reply and it works after I change to a small Tier endpoint.

I am using an MRN example that hardcodes an endpoint attached. sorry for I am not a coding expert and can't combine the Service Discovery code you mention. Could you pls help combine it ?

Also, Can you help clarify what is the definition/difference for sm/med/lrg endpoint ?

Huge thanks !Cloud_MRN_WebSocket - Copy.txt

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @gang.chen1

Do you still require a sample that combines the MRN code with the ServiceDiscovery code?

I have been busy with some other time-critical work so was unable to look into it.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

hi @gang.chen1

I have added a combined example at Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.WebSocketAPI.Python.MRN.RTO

Only done basic testing - so please test thoroughly.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.