question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Example of historical price and fundamental data retrieval for stocks

Could anyone please provide an example, or refer me to where i could get one, on how to get the fundamental/financial data for a stock 10 years ago?

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

could please you give a sample of what fundamental data are you looking for?

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Hi @armandnaude,

To get say revenue for a company use the following parameters with RData class of DEX2 library:

FieldList = "TR.Revenue.Date;TR.Revenue.Value"

RequestParam = "Period=FY-10"

The latter denotes that you're requesting revenue from fiscal year 10 years ago.

Does this answer your question?

If I can make a suggestion, I would strongly recommend to model your data retrieval using Eikon Excel, where you have wizards to figure out what parameters you need to use in =TR worksheet function. Once you figured out those parameters and once you're happy with the data =TR function returns, you can use the same parameters in RData class of DEX2 library.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you kindly for taking the time, and for the suggestion on working with TR Excel, to help me figure things out!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.