question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 14 12 14

Example of historical Index constituent retrieval

Could anyone please provide an example of how you would go about retrieving the index constituents for say the FTSE100 from 10 years ago?

Thank you kindly!

eikoneikon-data-apieikon-com-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @armandnaude

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
4.6k 26 7 22

@armandnaude I am afraid this is not quite possible, I do not believe we carry FTSE100 constituents from 10 years ago, however, as I said in this reply, your Thomson Reuters support desk should confirm this.

I was able to go to May 2016 with

=TR(".FTSE","TR.IndexConstituentRIC;TR.IndexConstituentName;TR.IndexConstituentWeightPercent(S=V)","SDate=20160501 CH=Fd RH=IN")

If that is fine, I can provide you with a code sample.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Greetings Zhenya

could you please provide a code sample? Very much appreciate it!

Very late, just for future reference:

eikon.get_data('.FTSE', ['TR.IndexConstituentRIC' , 'TR.IndexConstituentName'], {'SDate':'20160501'})[0]

What about the STOXX Europe 600? I also need the constituents from 10 years ago. Is that possible?

Thank you!

Upvotes
78.8k 250 52 74

Otherwise, you can use TRTH (Thomson Reuters Tick History) SOAP API to retrieve a list of RIC for .FTSE from 10 years ago. However, you need to have a TRTH account.

Thomson Reuters Tick History (TRTH) is an internet hosted platform, with a request-retrieve web service API that offers unparalleled access to historical high frequency data across global asset classes since 1996.

The function call is ExpandChain which returns a list of the RICs for all instruments that were part of the given chain at any time during the given time period.

For more information, please refer to Thomson Reuters Tick History (TRTH) - SOAP API at https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth/thomson-reuters-tick-history-trth-soap-api.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 1 2

How do you retrieve the current index constituents? the equivalent of

=TR("Index(FT100)","TR.RIC","CH=Fd RH=In") in excel

icon clock
10 |1500

You can use Dex2 COM library with the following parameters in RData object:

RData.InstrumentIDList = "Index(FT100)";
RData.FieldList = "TR.RIC";

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.