question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 3

RDP functions documentation

Usually for different packages which I can use, I have access to all functions, described parameters and methods.

This is a case for Eikon Data API.

Unfortunately I am not able to find something similar for RDP.

I went trough all documents that are available under Refinitiv Data Platform APIs page and Refinitiv Data Platform Libraries and couldn't find anything

Can you help?

rdp-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @rafal.janicki1

Just to clarify, are you referring to the RDP Library(Python/.net) or the RDP APIs?

The RDP Libraries are in alpha versions and therefore lacking in any official documentation.

There is limited 'documentation' at Documentation | Refinitiv Developers and you may also find this article useful.

You can try referring to the examples on GitHub Refinitiv-API-Samples/Example.RDPLibrary.Python: Example projects demonstrating access to the Refinitiv Data Platform using the Python Library (github.com)

However, note that the library has evolved over since the article and examples were published and some of the information/examples may be outdated.

If you are planning to write any new code using the RDP Python library - then I would recommend you consider using the newer RD Library (replacement for RDP Library). Hopefully, some tutorials, examples and documentation for this newer library will be available in the coming weeks.

You can also ask specific questions on this forum and hopefully, someone will be able to answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.