Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 2 4 7

Extracting deals won't working anymore when using "Form of the Deal" as a criterion

Until a few days ago, I didn't experience any issues extracting Deals using the following code:

criteria = "SCREEN(U(IN(DEALS)/*UNV:DEALSMNA*/), \
            BETWEEN(TR.MnAAnnDate,19900101,20001231)/*dt:Date*/, \
            IN(TR.MnAStatus,""C""), \
            TR.MnADealValue(Scale=6,IncludeNull=False)>=1, \
            IN(TR.MnAFormType,""A"",""AA"",""AC"",""AM"",""AR"",""M""), CURN=USD)"

display = ["TR.MnASDCDealNumber",
           "TR.MnAAnnDate",
           "TR.MnAAcquiror",
           "TR.MnATarget",
           "TR.MnAAcquirorNation",
           "TR.MnATargetNation",
           "TR.MnADealValue", 
           "TR.MnAAcquirorPublicStatus",
           "TR.MnATargetPublicStatus",
           "TR.MnAStatus",
           "TR.MnAPctOfSharesOwnedPostMerger",
           "TR.MnAFormType"
          ] 
Deals1990_2000, er =ek.get_data(criteria,display)

However, since then running the code results in the following output (which is obviously not correct):

api-dals-issue.jpg

The issue can be solved if I remove the "TR.MnAFormType" parameter in the display list. I checked the data item browser and it seems that this is the correct parameter.

eikon-data-apipythonworkspaceapideals
api-dals-issue.jpg (36.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

hi @flammers and @brad15

The fix has been released on production and I've verified that it works now. Could you please check and confirm.

1641967182125.png

1641967182125.png (118.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
14k 30 5 10

hi @flammers ,

I put parameter debug=True in get_data function (with field "TR.MnAFormType" ) to see the JSON request and response and I got the response containing an error mentioned 'processing failed.'. So I raised case number 10744958 on your behalf in my.refinitiv.com product support. They will contact you soon to provide the support.

1638537786467.png

1638537786467.png (127.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
20 2 0 2

I am running into similar errors, where previously successful M&A queries have suddenly stopped working. Would love to hear the results of the support case.

icon clock
10 |1500

Support told me that a team would take care of the bug over the weekend of Dec 17 and 18. Since this weekend it is not possible for me to extract deals using the API at all.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.