Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

How can I access asset class within Eikon API?

Is there a TR data type that I can call in get_data that would give me Asset Class? and I mean specifically Asset Class, not Asset Category.

eikon-data-apidata
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @carlos.bonilla

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @carlos.bonilla ,

I think what you are looking for may be fid RECORDTYPE. Looking it up with Data Item Browser (DIB):

recordtype.gif

However, the information in RECORDTYPE (fid 259 for realtime) is not always straightforward to interpret for developers.

In my view, if you require to identify all or many of the record types, would like to suggest to review developer article Using FID 259 to identify your market data records to find out the details, if you are looking for a specific one or very few, would suggest to engage with Rifinitiv content experts via Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Eikon and have them help you identify the one(s) per your requirement.

If this is not it and you require different content, I would also suggest to directly contact our content support.

Hope this information helps

recordtype.gif (146.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.