Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

How do I get data daily without me running the code in the refinitiv platform using Eikon API?

eikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonrefinitiv-data-platformmicrosoft-power-bi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@TRACYANNWRIGHT

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.1k 30 5 10

Hi @TRACYANNWRIGHT ,

You can run the code outside of the Refinitiv platform (in your local environment)

However, I'd suggest you to check Eikon Data API quick start guide

The Eikon application integrates a Data API proxy that acts as an interface between the Eikon Data API Python library and the Eikon Data Platform. For this reason, the Eikon application must be running when you use the Eikon Data API Python library. When launched, the Eikon application starts listening for local websocket connections on port 9000 or the next available port if port 9000 is already occupied. You need to have a valid Eikon user account to be able to launch the Eikon application.

Hope this could help

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.