For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 3

RESTful http api for stock price

Hi,

I am looking for a straight forward way to retrieve up to date / ideally real time stock prices. I thought the DSS api might be a fit. My questions.

- Is that in fact the best api for this purpose?

- How can I get the credentials necessary to request the api token?

Adding the API in my account seemed to not be working (screenshot attached), as no options loaded (tried in several browsers).

Thanks and regards

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
stock-api.png (24.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Where is the screenshot from? This site?

yes, from this site. when you go to

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/user/me/apps and access "My Keys" and then "

Add API Product"

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such. Thanks, AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@neu_dabei

To answer your 2 queries:

DSS can deliver intraday data, but not real time data. For real time data, use the TREP, Elektron or Eikon APIs. Note: exchanges charge for real-time data, it has a cost.

DSS credentials: we do not deliver keys for DSS through the portal. But we can provide a free trial for certain period of time. That needs to go through our account teams first. If you can provide more information on the company you work for and where your location is, we can try to redirect you to our sales/account team in that region to get this process started.

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

At this point I just wanted to build a simple tool to check a list of stocks and send the user a notification if they go below or exceed the limits they defined. I can do that with the Yahoo Finance API, but was hoping for a neater API out there. Not ready at this stage to make a financial commitment for building the integration. Just dabbling around for personal use and out of curiosity.

Thanks for the help!

Upvotes
966 11 21 26

DSS is most suitable where you are building an application to deliver mostly static data to users. If you are looking to build a real time application then our enterprise solution TREP may be suitable.

A more lightweight solution if you just need the data for yourself on the desktop is Eikon.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 3

thanks for your help. ill give that a try.

im still having trouble getting an api key, due to the above mentioned issues. is there a quick to get started guide (ideally with a resttul HTTP api) to set up the api key and retrieve stock quotes?

thanks!

ps: sorry for the late response, i didn't get a notiifcation via email that i had received a response.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.