Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

How to get in C# the same data as in Python with eikon.get_timeseries

Hello,

It seems that historical data from some RICs are different when extracted through the Eikon Terminal Instrument Explorer, vs Excel Add-in, vs the Python eikon API, when I would expect them to be the same.

What is the exact C# code which I need to use to get the exact same data which is outputted by the Python code below?

import eikon as ek

ek.get_timeseries(['GFRUKBWE1'], ['Value'], start_date=None, end_date=None, interval='tick', count=1000000)

Thank you

eikon-data-apipythonpython apitime-seriesc#
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@mjs

Please share the code and library that you are using.

Upvotes
Accepted
78.1k 246 52 72

@mjs

The data retrieved by Eikon Data API .NET is similar to the data retrieved by the Python library.

1639738663147.png

You may need to contact the content support team directly via MyRefinitiv to clarify it.

1639738663147.png (25.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

It seems that there is a function in C# which seems equivalent to python: eikon.GetTimeSeries() - see first snapshot.

One issue I have found is that the data seems to be duplicated at a very short time intervals - see second snapshot. What could be causing those artefacts?

image-11.png

image-10.png

image-11.png (79.4 KiB)
image-10.png (28.3 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.