question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 11 10 23

MRN News Issue in registering for PNAC inside the callback

Hello ,

I am developing a news Consumer (N2_UBMNS - MRN News) . I understood the flow of resubscribing to PNAC's on update messages ,

however , when I am subscribing again using the same OmmConsumer with PNAC received , I am not getting any further data .

I am subscribing inside the onUpdate function of the Client.

However , if I hardcode the PNAC and subscribe , I am getting further data .

Is there any thing that happens internally after the onUpdate callback , that is blocking my subscription request to the Provider ?

I would like to know the best approach to subscribe again and the maximum PNAC's that can be subscribed using the same OMMConsumer object .

void NewsClient::decode(const FieldList& fl) {

// adding PNAC into an OmmArray
registerAgain(pnacArray); // registetring the array with same Consumer

}

Kinldy help resolve this

Thanks in advance

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdkema-apirrtelektron-message-apinewsmrn
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Warat B. is assigned to monitor this question.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
4.4k 10 6 9

Hi @yajnasteju

You should be able to call registerClient() inside onUpdate().

It looks more like you have a problem with your registerAgain() function.

Since PNAC is a single RIC, I don't understand why you have to add PNAC into an OmmArray.

Here I modified the 310 training example to subscribe PNAC inside onUpdate(), please take a look.

310-marketprice-rmtes.zip

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Warat.B

Thanks for your support . It is working , I jus changed the array part as you said .

Also can you please help me differentiate between a news headline and a story

You mean, differentiate between N2_UBMS and the story you access via PNAC?

You can just check the RIC name in your callback. Beside, the story that you subscribe from PNAC will always come as a refresh, while the headline from N2_UBMS will come as an update.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.